Labels

Saturday, December 19, 2020

Where in the Old Testament does it say that when the Messiah comes we must accept him...?


Where in the Old Testament does it say that when the Messiah comes we must accept him to be saved and if we reject him we’ll be damned? When the Messiah comes with the Messianic kingdom, won’t everybody just recognize and know it?

Your answer is found in Deuteronomy:

 “Adonai will raise up for you a prophet like me from among yourselves, from your own kinsmen. You are to pay attention to him, just as when you were assembled at Horev and requested Adonai your God, ‘Don’t let me hear the voice of Adonai my God any more, or let me see this great fire ever again; if I do, I will die!’ On that occasion Adonai said to me, ‘They are right in what they are saying. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their kinsmen. I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I order him. Whoever doesn’t listen to my words, which he will speak in my name, will have to account for himself to me. Deut. 18:15–19 (CJB)

If God’s people reject a prophet that speaks only the words of Torah God gives him, they are rejecting God Himself. They will resurrect, but to contempt and shame.

There are two types of rejection:

First, rejection of the Torah spoken by a man walking in God’s Spirit. If you’re a Jew and you reject Torah, God help you.

Secondly, rejection of the Torah embodied in a living man. If you’re a Christian and you reject:

The Word became a human being and lived with us, and we saw his Sh’khinah, the Sh’khinah of the Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth.

Yochanan witnessed concerning him when he cried out, “This is the man I was talking about when I said, ‘The one coming after me has come to rank ahead of me, because he existed before me.’”

We have all received from his fullness, yes, grace upon grace. For the Torah was given through Moshe; grace and truth came through Yeshua the Messiah. John 1:14–17 (CJB)

…then God help that Christian.

There is an accountability for all, of all persuasions:

Yes, he will pay back misery and anguish to every human being who does evil, to the Jew first, then to the Gentile; but glory and honor and shalom to everyone who keeps doing what is good, to the Jew first, then to the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism. All who have sinned outside the framework of Torah will die outside the framework of Torah; and all who have sinned within the framework of Torah will be judged by Torah. For it is not merely the hearers of Torah whom God considers righteous; rather, it is the doers of what Torah says who will be made righteous in God’s sight. For whenever Gentiles, who have no Torah, do naturally what the Torah requires, then these, even though they don’t have Torah, for themselves are Torah! For their lives show that the conduct the Torah dictates is written in their hearts. Their consciences also bear witness to this, for their conflicting thoughts sometimes accuse them and sometimes defend them on a day when God passes judgment on people’s inmost secrets. (According to the Good News as I proclaim it, he does this through the Messiah Yeshua.) Romans 2:9–16 (CJB)

It is my contention that Jews reject the Prophet speaking pure Torah. They have an excuse because God placed a veil over their eyes to allow Gentiles to come into faith in God.

For, brothers, I want you to understand this truth which God formerly concealed but has now revealed, so that you won’t imagine you know more than you actually do. It is that stoniness, to a degree, has come upon Isra’el, until the Gentile world enters in its fullness; Romans 11:25 (CJB)

It is my contention that Christians reject that Torah became a man, and that man lived among us.

My advice to Jews is to learn and live Torah.

My advice to Christians is to learn and live Torah as your Prophet did.

There will be a resurrection. When you awaken, which side will you be on?

When that time comes, Mikha’el, the great prince who champions your people, will stand up; and there will be a time of distress unparalleled between the time they became a nation and that moment. At that time, your people will be delivered, everyone whose name is found written in the book. Many of those sleeping in the dust of the earth will awaken, some to everlasting life and some to everlasting shame and abhorrence. But those who can discern will shine like the brightness of heaven’s dome, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever. Daniel 12:1-3

Shalom!

https://www.quora.com/Where-in-the-Old-Testament-does-it-say-that-when-the-Messiah-comes-we-must-accept-him-to-be-saved-and-if-we-reject-him-we-ll-be-damned-When-the-Messiah-comes-with-the-Messianic-kingdom-won-t-everybody-just-recognize/answer/Joel-Blackford?prompt_topic_bio=1 

No comments:

Post a Comment