Labels

Monday, June 10, 2013

The End Of Days Fast-Approaches: Why Are Some Of Us So Edified?

In 2011, I traveled to Denver to visit a friend and pray for guidance in the local mountains. I was wondering why my life, my business fortune, and my family had been destroyed, and what was God’s plan for me. During the vacation, my prophetic friend stated, “Boot Camp,” to me. According to him, that was God’s message for me. God was preparing me for something, by immersing me in His word, like a Boot Camp experience.

Looking back on his prophetic statement, I couldn’t agree more. Since then, I’ve spent most of my free time reading the Bible, learning from godly teachers, and immersing in Bible studies to unlearn bad theology, and learn good theology. I’ve buried my mother and my father, published my first book, and learned to cope with life’s issues by the guidance of God. I’m blessed and edified, even though I’m relatively poor.
My life has resembled a Bible College experience in recent years. God vacated certain friends and family from my life, as he has brought-in new friends and teachers. I started out at a local Messianic Church learning Theology 101: The eternality of Sabbath. Once I learned about the Sabbath, God pushed me on to another teacher, and then on to another teacher.  Looking back, I have become aware of when God was pushing me toward new teachers. He wanted me to learn certain information, and then progress toward new teachers.  
Today, I study with a top Hebrew linguist, the top historical Torah scholar, and a very godly biker dude. I attend Yeshivas where everything is discussed openly. My life is simple and good. I am edified, regardless of what I publish about our turbulent times. At work and at Bible studies, I notice that there are only a few that share my level of edification. Other than my job, I’m barely connected to the fallen world. Some of my friends are very connected and concerned. My heart breaks for my friends that want to fully serve the Lord, but, they recall Sodom, like Lot’s wife.

According to a prophet named Demitru Duduman, America is Sodom, and America is Babylon. He prophesied this for the USA in 1993:

Suddenly Babylon has fallen and been broken; wail for her! Take balm for her pain; perhaps she may be healed. We would have healed Babylon, but she was not healed. Forsake her, and let us go each to his own country, for her judgment has reached up to heaven and has been lifted up even to the skies.

The Lord has brought about our vindication; come, let us declare in Zion the work of the Lord our God.

“Sharpen the arrows! Take up the shields!

The Lord has stirred up the spirit of the kings of the Medes, because his purpose concerning Babylon is to destroy it, for that is the vengeance of the Lord, the vengeance for his temple.

“Set up a standard against the walls of Babylon; make the watch strong; set up watchmen; prepare the ambushes; for the Lord has both planned and done what he spoke concerning the inhabitants of Babylon. O you who dwell by many waters, rich in treasures, your end has come; the thread of your life is cut. The Lord of hosts has sworn by himself: Surely I will fill you with men, as many as locusts, and they shall raise the shout of victory over you.

“It is he who made the earth by his power, who established the world by his wisdom, and by his understanding stretched out the heavens. Jeremiah 51:8-15 (ESV)

How can some of us be edified, when we live in a country under judgment? I submit that some of us have dealt with our issues, and many of us have unresolved issues.

Most of us have issues where God is dealing with us personally. Some of us are married to non-believers. We’ll call these people Laodicean Spouses. What if a Laodicean Spouse could cause you to lose your faith? God forbid! What if God tells you to move from danger, and your non-believing spouse says, “No!” What about our Laodicean Children? Why won’t God intercede on their behalf today? What about our possessions? Why would God ask us to donate our stuff? My friends want to retire, and play with their adorable grand children, not run from the antichrist. Nobody wants to be persecuted. Nobody wants another war. They like their heads on top of their necks, and food in their bellies. We realize turbulent times are ahead, but, we long for the good old days.
We like being rich, and fabulous, don’t we? Why can’t God leave His sheep alone during the end times? If it’s all about the Jews saying, “Baruch Ha’bah B’shem Adonai,” why do we Gentiles have to be persecuted too? Now, do you understand why the deceitful doctrine called the Rapture is so appealing?

The tests are coming: Are you prepared? My most trusted Bible study friend is Mark, the biker dude. He has no formal training, yet the depth of his faith and knowledge surpasses any Seminary professor. He is the most edified friend that I know. He lives this verse:
Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. I Peter 5:7 (KJV)

Why is Mark so edified in the face of such adversity? Faith! Why is a fellow like Mark my friend? God!
I submit that God is bringing together some people, while he’s separating others.

Soon, God may cause you to befriend your opposite. Maybe God will cause you to befriend a biker dude, or worse than that; He may cause you to befriend your enemy. To what level will God descend to save your soul? He willingly sent His Son to die for your sins. Do you think He is finished with applying every effort to save your soul today? No! He is actively pursuing you, wooing you to a greater faith. Answer His call!  
After our recent Sabbath Bible study, as I watched Mark don his biker garb for his trip home on his hog, I wondered how we became friends. I wear wool business suits, cotton shirts, and silk ties. He looks like an extra from the movie, “Easy Rider.” Yet, when times become difficult, I will trust him more than any of my PhD-level business friends.
What is God telling you today? Are you even listening to His voice? I’m stating that He wants to comfort you with his words, regardless of your surroundings. And He is sending comforting people into your life. Are you aware of His efforts to edify you?
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked. Psalm 91:7-8 (ESV)
(Please read all of Psalm 91. It’s that important.)
Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment